Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some new pictures

I added a few pictures that I have taken over the past couple of weeks. Included are the pictures of the cake that failed, the silver tree outside the Synagogue, and inside the Opera house.

Tomorrow is my first Real Functions and Measures class. I'm very very very excited for it! I hope it's as good as I've been making myself believe it will be. If it ends up flopping, I think I will take the Elementary Problem Solving class in its stead, as it is offered at the same time. I only wish Elementary Problem Solving had a more important sounding name. Multi-Variable Calculus sounds very intimidating and important, even though it's not, really. Elementary Problem Solving sounds trivial. Oh well, don't judge a book by it's cover.

I had a very uneventful weekend. I am unfortunately coming down with a cold or something that renders me reluctant to leave my warm apartment. I have cough drops that were recommended to me by one of the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics workers, and it's strange taking medicine whose directions I cannot understand. The high point is that I'm not alone in my ailment. Over half of the students in the program have exactly the same symptoms, making me realize that perhaps we spend too much time around each other.

On Thursday I'll have been here exactly one month. That is very surreal, as I feel like I have lived in this city for years, but at the same time I feel as though I just arrived.

No comments: