Friday, January 19, 2007

Tea Haz

I'm in love with this city. I doubt I'll ever leave. Right now I'm in a fantastic tea house called "Tea Haz". It's pronounced "Teaah Hooohz. I'm waiting on my carmel black tea I'm splitting with a friend of mine. Yesterday we tried to find a classical concert that we knew was free. However, the street listed as the address was one block long, and that street was under construction. So, we just got a tour of the city. However, earlier in the day we had a REAL tour of the city. We went to the indoor market. We only had 45 minutes, and we had to eat lunch, so I didn't get to explore as much as I'd like. There is NOTHING healthy here. I discovered this when we ate deep fat fried bread with sour cream and cheese spread on the top. Don't get me wrong, it was AMAZING. Not good for you.... We mostly explored the main area. It's all fruit stands and meat stands. I can't tell the difference between all of them, but I guess there's haggling going on. Check out my pictures and look at it! I can't stress enough how much I love the people. Everyone is SO NICE and we all hang out! I'm taking Hungarian right now. It's an incredibly difficult language. I know the basics now. But that's it. I can get around the city alright, but I'm not having deep theological conversations with any Hungarians any time soon. Once again, I'm letting another friend use my computer, and I have been hogging my computer. Send me an e-mail at elangows@gac.edu if you'd like me to answer any questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The unhealthy food is: LANGOS